The last meeting was on Thursday, 8th January. An agenda is attached. The minutes of the December meeting are also attached. Note that you can see all recent minutes by going to the ‘About Us’ tab on the front page.
- the results of the carol singing which had been very successful
- there was the December Death Penalty report
- we discussed North Korea and the increasing interest in that country, and in particular the human rights situation there, was noted
- the website numbers were given and that we now have 60 followers
- there was an update on the Magna Carta events and there is to be a meeting soon with the Cathedral to start doing more detailed planning
- the complete lack of interest by any of the sixth forms in the area to submit an essay was noted. This was extremely disappointing in view of the efforts made with leaflets and contacting the schools ahead of time to promote it.
- details on the Cathedral service are awaited
Minutes will be posted here as soon as they are available.