List of forthcoming events being organised by the Salisbury Group
We have a fairly active programme of events and they are gathered here for convenience. If you live in the Salisbury or even South Wilts area you would be welcome to come to any one of them. If you are thinking of joining, then make yourself known to one of the group. You would be very welcome.
• Refugee Vigil – to be re-arranged. We did have a date but unfortunately it clashed with the fair in the Market Square so it has been postponed
• Citizenship Day – 26th October. Where go into schools in the area and discuss human rights issues with pupils. Despite several requests, the UTC has not responded
• Christmas Tree Festival – 3rd – 10th December. This is in St Thomas’s Church in the centre of Salisbury and we will be displaying a tree there. It will focus on the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• Human Rights Day Speaker – 10th December. We are delighted to welcome Daniel Trilling who is an author and journalist and who will be speaking at the Methodist Church at 7pm. This is a FREE event but we ask for a parting collection to help cover our costs
• Exhibition of Refugee Photographs – January 2019 – Some
details to be worked out but these are the photos we displayed in the Library (pictured) and we are pleased that the Methodist Church has agreed to host them during the month.
• Arts Centre Film – 8th March 2019. We host a film once and sometimes twice a year in the Arts Centre. Details nearer the time.
• Market Stall (pictured) – 8th June 2019. Fund raising stall we hold in the Market Square once a year
Carol singing. With the aid of the Farrant Singers, we travel around the Victoria Road, College Street areas singing carols. This will be in December and details to be announced.
We are also on Twitter and Facebook, salisburyai
Leave a Reply