Forthcoming events by the Salisbury group
These are some of the events we have planned or are being planned by the local group. One of these would be a good moment for you to make contact if you were thinking of joining us.
- Market stall. This will take place in the Market Square on 8 June 2019 and starts early. We would be grateful if supporters could bring anything along for sale. Wanted; china and bric-a-brac, jewellery, good books (not battered paper backs, sorry!), pickles and jams, plants and clothes. CDs and DVDs are also popular (but not videos). No 240v electrical goods for safety reasons. Get in touch if you want anything collected.
- Refugee week. Details to follow and is during 17th – 23rd June. Our last refugee action was on local TV.
- Talk by Paul Mason. We are delighted that the journalist and author Paul Mason who will be speaking about his soon to be published book Clear Bright Future: a Radical Defence of the Human Being. This will take place on 24th June at 7:30 at the Salisbury Methodist Church and is free. We will be asking for a parting collection to help cover our costs. Copies of his book will be available to purchase.
- Coffee morning. This is on 7 September in the morning as you might expect and is at St Thomas’s church just off the square. Further details nearer the time.
- Other events will include a film in November, the World Day Against the Death Penalty and possibly an Evensong at the Cathedral.
You might want to add these dates to your diary.
15 April 2019